"For words, like nature, half reveal and half conceal the soul within" (Tennyson).

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Enjoying La Vida Part-Time!

I'm liking this new schedule. Leaving early (7 a.m.) and teaching back to back classes means getting home by noon. Very nice. Don't have to hassle packing a lunch, avoid the late-day rush hour traffic, relax with the paper for an hour before setting up for next day's class.

And I've decided I'm OK....no, more than OK, with being a part-time instructor. Yes, Yes, I know, I've been griping and grousing and feeling all woe-is-me-ish that I'm nothing and no-one, just a lowly adjunct professor. And yet, when I think about it, I really wouldn't want to teach more than two classes anyway. How do people do it? Unrelenting, merciless, never-ending....woe is they!

And I've also decided I'm really OK with  Thursdays! Yes, Thursdays! No class on Friday, then the weekend. Why think of the things I could do! Maybe go to Nordstroms Rack....maybe try to finish The Poisonwood Bible, maybe post a blog entry, maybe clean a bathroom or two, maybe go to the gym (gasp) in the middle of the day! The possibilities (as they say) are endless.

Nothing wrong with being "just a part-time professor."

Nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment