"For words, like nature, half reveal and half conceal the soul within" (Tennyson).

Saturday, November 12, 2016

The More Things Change . . .

Before I started this blog, I maintained another blog, which I called Ahem (dumb name, I know. The very first entry explains it). 

I maintained the blog between October 24, 2008 and January 1, 2013. Obviously those dates are significant from a political standpoint: The presidential elections of 2008 and 2012 get quite a bit of attention.

I'm linking a couple of my responses to President Obama's re-election in 2012. 
A Terrible, Horrible, Mistake (Election Day, November 6, 2012) 
Because (The Day After, November 7, 2012).
As you can tell, I was devastated. But what's interesting (to me) is that my reactions are really not much different from the reaction I'm hearing from people this week. Maybe not as over-the-top. And it wouldn't have occurred to me to protest. And I didn't curse (I don't think. Maybe once). But the emotion, the despair...


Plus les choses changent, plus elles restent les mêmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment